Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Strange it may seem but I guess that is what really life is... Full of criticism, it may be good or bad, depends on how you are going to accept it. I know I have changed, been better! Less tactless, more thoughtful and friendly however, we can never please everybody. Difficult as we may say, indeed! As for me, I always do try my best to be a good friend. I always say that what you see is what you get... And that is really me! If I don’t like a person because of what he/she does I say so, of course in a way that I won’t be offending but sometimes I try not to interfere because they might think that I sound like their parents and besides I have no right to do so like such. In a way, I do think that if you are a true friend then you will do whatever it takes to help out a person to be better! So right now, I am confused and honestly, been thinking very deep on how or what should I do? You may say that I’m making a big deal out of it. Well every little thing makes a big thing, so we have to solve or pay attention to the little things first before working on the big things. I have been reflecting and being thorough to details in my life and wanted to change what needs to be changed. With what I’ve been through, I felt more conscious of the things that I’ve been doing and what I could do towards anyone. As much as possible, I want to live the life the Lord wants us to live by. I know and I understand that it may be difficult because of the norms we got used to nevertheless, it’s worth a try!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday, December 07, 2008

A friend forwarded me this interesting quote from the movie "Why did I get married?", I find it really true...

In most cases, especially in relationships, you will only get 80% of what you NEED and you will hardly get the other 20% that you WANT in
your relationship. There is always another person (man or women) that you will meet and that will offer you the other 20% which is lacking in your relationship that you WANT. And believe me, 20% looks really good when you are not getting it at all in your current relationship.

But the problem is that you will always be tempted to leave that good 80% that you know you have, thinking that you will get something better with the other 20% that you WANT.But as reality has proven, in most cases, you will always end up with having the 20% that you WANT and loosing the 80% that you really NEED and that you already had.

Be careful in deciding between what you WANT and NEED in your life.

Adultery happens when you start looking for what you don't have. "Wow, this girl in my office is a real looker. But it's not her Wynona Rider features that got me. I'm crazy about her because she's also understanding, intelligent, tender - so many things that my spouse is

Somewhere along the way, you'll find a woman or a man who will be more charming or sensitive. More alluring. More thoughtful. Richer. Have
greater sex appeal. And you will find a woman or man who will need you and pursue you and go loco over you more than your spouse ever did.

Because no wife or husband is perfect. Because a spouse will only have 80% of what you're looking for. So adultery takes place when a husband or wife looks for the missing 20%. Let's say your wife is melancholic by nature.
You may find yourself drawn to the pretty clerk who has a cherry laugh no matter what she says: "I broke my arm yesterday, Hahahaha . . .." Or because your wife is a homebody in slippers and pajamas, smelling of garlic and fish oil, you may fall for a fresh-smelling young sales representative that visits your office in a sharp black blazer, high heels, and a red pencil-cut skirt Or because your husband is the quiet type, your heart may skip a beat when you meet an old college flame who has the makings of a talk show host.

But wait! That's only 20% of what you don't have. Don't throw away the 80% that you already have! That's not all. Add to your spouse's 80% the 100% that represents all the years that you have been with each other. The storms you have weathered together. The unforgettable moments of sadness and joy as a couple. The many adjustments you have made to love the other. The wealth of memories that you've acumulated as lovers.

Adultery happens when you start looking for what you don't have. But faithfulness happens when you start thanking God for what you already have. I'm not just talking about marriage.

I'm talking about life!

About your jobs.

About your friends.

About your children.

About your lifestyles.

Are you like the economy airline passenger that perennially peeks through the door of the first class cabin, obsessed with what he's
missing? "They have got more leg room! Oh my,their food is served in porcelain! Wow, their seats recline at an 80% angle and they've got
personal videos!" I guarantee you'll be miserable for the entire trip! Don't live your life like that. Forget about what the world says is
first class. Do you know that there are many first class passengers who are miserable in first class? because they are not riding in a private Lear Jet?

The main message??? If you start appreciating what you have right now, wherever you are, you are first class!

Thursday, December 04, 2008